Welcome to our guide on Consumer Cellular! Whether you’re a current customer or considering switching to this carrier, we’ve got all the information you need to know. From sending and receiving text messages to configuring APN settings, we’ve got you covered. Let’s dive in!
Sending and Receiving Text Messages
Text messaging is a popular way to communicate with friends and family, and Consumer Cellular makes it easy. Here’s how to send and receive text messages on your Consumer Cellular device:
Sending Text Messages
- Open the Messaging app on your device.
- Tap the compose message icon (usually a + or pencil icon).
- Enter the phone number or contact name of the person you want to message.
- Type your message in the message field.
- Tap Send.
Receiving Text Messages
When you receive a text message, you’ll typically receive a notification on your device’s lock screen or in your device’s notification tray. To view the message:
- Open the Messaging app on your device.
- Tap the conversation containing the message you want to view.
That’s it! Sending and receiving text messages is that simple on Consumer Cellular.
Configuring APN Settings
Access Point Name (APN) settings are necessary for your device to connect to the internet. Follow these steps to configure APN settings on your Consumer Cellular device:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on Network & Internet.
- Select the Mobile Network option.
- Tap on Access Point Names.
- Tap the + symbol to add a new APN.
- Enter the following information:
- Name: Consumer Cellular
- APN: att.mvno
- Proxy: Not set
- Port: Not set
- Username: Not set
- Password: Not set
- Server: Not set
- MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
- MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
- MMS Port: 80
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 410
- Authentication Type: None
- APN Type: default, supl, mms
- APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- Bearer: Unspecified
Your device should now be able to connect to the internet using Consumer Cellular’s network.
Consumer Cellular Review: 7 Things to Know Before You Sign Up
If you’re considering signing up for Consumer Cellular, here are seven things you need to know:
1. Consumer Cellular Offers Affordable Plans
Consumer Cellular’s plans start at just $15 per month, making it one of the most affordable carriers on the market. If you don’t use a lot of data or minutes, Consumer Cellular could be a great option for you.
2. Consumer Cellular Runs on AT&T’s Network
Consumer Cellular doesn’t have its own network infrastructure, but instead runs on AT&T’s network. This means that you’ll get the same coverage and speeds as you would if you were an AT&T customer.
3. Consumer Cellular Offers a Variety of Phones
Consumer Cellular offers a wide selection of phones, including both Apple and Android devices. Whether you’re looking for a high-end smartphone or a basic flip phone, Consumer Cellular has you covered.
4. Consumer Cellular Has an A+ Rating from the BBB
Consumer Cellular has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), indicating that it is a trustworthy and reliable company. This is an important factor to consider when choosing a carrier.
5. Consumer Cellular Offers Flexible Plans
Consumer Cellular’s plans are flexible, allowing you to change your plan at any time without penalty. This means that if your usage patterns change, you can adjust your plan without having to worry about overage charges.
6. Consumer Cellular Offers Discounts for AARP Members
Consumer Cellular offers a 5% discount for AARP members, making it an even more affordable option for seniors. If you’re an AARP member, be sure to take advantage of this perk.
7. Consumer Cellular’s Customer Service is Top-Notch
One of Consumer Cellular’s biggest strengths is its customer service. The carrier has won multiple awards for its customer service, and its representatives are known for being friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.
What is Consumer Cellular?
Consumer Cellular is a wireless carrier that specializes in affordable plans and excellent customer service. The carrier runs on AT&T’s network, meaning that it offers the same coverage and speeds as AT&T.
How much does Consumer Cellular cost?
Consumer Cellular’s plans start at just $15 per month. The carrier offers a variety of plans to fit any budget, and its plans are flexible, meaning that you can adjust your plan at any time without penalty.
Video: Consumer Cellular Link: External Overview (1 of 14)
Thanks for reading our guide on Consumer Cellular! We hope you found it helpful. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Consumer Cellular’s excellent customer service team.