How to Get Rid of UTI in 24 Hours
Urinary Tract Infection, commonly known as UTI, affects millions of men and women every year. It is caused by bacteria and is characterized by symptoms like painful and frequent urination, fever, and lower abdominal pain. While it is essential to seek medical attention in severe cases, there are some natural remedies that can help alleviate the symptoms and even cure UTI in 24 hours. Here are six UTI remedies that can help:
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking plenty of water is key to flushing out the bacteria causing UTI. Aim for at least eight to ten glasses of water a day.
- Cranberry juice: Drinking unsweetened cranberry juice acidifies your urine, which can help prevent bacteria from sticking to the bladder walls. It is one of the most effective remedies for UTI.
- Probiotics: Probiotics help maintain a healthy level of good bacteria in the gut, which can prevent the overgrowth of harmful bacteria that cause UTI.
- Garlic: Garlic has antibacterial properties that can help fight the bacteria causing UTI. Chew one fresh garlic clove daily or take garlic supplements to boost your immune system.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C can help boost your immune system and also make your urine more acidic, which prevents the growth of bacteria.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has alkaline properties that can help neutralize the acid in your urine, making it harder for bacteria to survive.
Drinking Plenty of Water
Water is an essential component of good health, and it can also help cure UTI. Drinking plenty of water helps flush out the bacteria causing UTI and dilutes the urine, making it less painful to pass. The more you urinate, the faster the bacteria will be eliminated from your system. Hence, it is recommended to drink at least eight to ten glasses of water a day to treat UTI.
Drinking water also helps keep your bladder and urinary tract healthy. It prevents the urine from becoming concentrated and reduces the risk of developing UTI. Moreover, it is a low-cost and readily available remedy for UTI that can help reduce the severity of symptoms and cure the infection.
- Cranberry juice is one of the most effective remedies for UTI.
- Drink unsweetened cranberry juice acidifies the urine, which can help prevent bacteria from sticking to the bladder walls.
- It helps eliminate the bacteria and also prevents it from recurring.
- Cranberries contain compounds that are responsible for their antibacterial properties and can prevent the growth of bacteria causing UTI.
- However, it is essential to avoid sweetened cranberry juice, as sugar can worsen the infection by feeding the bacteria.
- Probiotics play a crucial role in maintaining good gut health and preventing the overgrowth of harmful bacteria that cause UTI.
- They help increase the number of good bacteria in the gut, which can boost your immune system and prevent the bacteria from spreading to the urinary tract.
- Probiotics can be found in fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, and kimchi or taken as supplements.
- However, it is important to choose a high-quality supplement that contains strains specifically targeted for UTI.
- Probiotics can also help prevent recurrent UTI by maintaining a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut.
- Garlic has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for various ailments, including UTI.
- It has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties that can help fight the bacteria causing UTI.
- You can chew one fresh garlic clove daily or take garlic supplements to help boost your immune system and prevent UTI.
- Garlic also helps prevent the recurrence of UTI and can be used as a preventive measure.
- Vitamin C is an essential nutrient that plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy immune system.
- It helps boost the immune system and also makes the urine more acidic, making it harder for bacteria to survive.
- Foods rich in vitamin C include oranges, kiwis, grapefruits, lemons, strawberries, and bell peppers.
- You can also take vitamin C supplements to prevent UTI and boost your immune system.
- However, it is important not to take too much vitamin C, as excessive amounts can cause nausea and diarrhea, among other side effects.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another natural remedy for UTI that can help restore the natural pH balance of the bladder and urinary tract. It has alkaline properties that can help neutralize the acid in your urine, making it harder for bacteria to survive.
You can mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drink it twice a day to help alleviate the symptoms of UTI. It is also important to note that apple cider vinegar should not be used as a substitute for antibiotics in severe cases, and it is always best to seek medical attention if you experience severe UTI symptoms.
UTI Prevention Tips
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water and other fluids.
- Cleanse yourself after using the bathroom to eliminate the bacteria that may cause UTI.
- Wipe from front to back after using the bathroom to prevent bacteria from entering the urethra.
- Avoid using harsh soaps or douches that may irritate the urinary tract.
- Urinate before and after sexual activity to flush out any bacteria that may have entered the urethra.
- Wear cotton underwear and loose-fitting clothes to allow your skin to breathe.
- Avoid using spermicidal products that may irritate the urethra and lead to UTI.
- Avoid holding in urine for long periods, as this may cause urine to become concentrated and increase the risk of developing UTI.
When to Seek Medical Attention
In some cases, UTI may require medical attention, especially if the symptoms are severe and do not improve with home remedies. Seek medical attention if you experience:
- A fever of 101 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Blood in urine
- Severe pain in the lower abdominal area
- Vomiting or nausea
- Difficulty breathing
|Can UTI go away on its own?||UTI may go away on its own in mild cases, but it is important to seek medical attention if the symptoms do not improve or worsen.|
|How long does it take to cure UTI?||UTI can be cured within a few days to a week with proper treatment and home remedies.|
|Can cranberry juice cure UTI?||Cranberry juice can help prevent and treat UTI, but it should not be used as a substitute for antibiotics in severe cases.|
|Can I prevent UTI?||Yes, you can prevent UTI by drinking plenty of water, practicing good hygiene, avoiding harsh soaps and douches, and urinating before and after sexual activity.|
|Is UTI contagious?||No, UTI is not contagious, but it can be caused by sexual activity.|
UTI is a common infection that affects millions of people every year. While it is essential to seek medical attention in severe cases, there are some natural remedies that can help alleviate the symptoms and even cure UTI in 24 hours. Drinking plenty of water, cranberry juice, probiotics, garlic, vitamin C, and apple cider vinegar are some of the most effective remedies for UTI. Additionally, following prevention tips like practicing good hygiene, staying hydrated, wearing loose-fitting clothes, and avoiding harsh soaps and douches can help prevent UTI. It is always best to seek medical attention if you experience severe UTI symptoms or if the symptoms do not improve with home remedies.