Get Rid of Nasolabial Folds and Deep Frown Lines Around Your Mouth Naturally
As we age, the skin around our mouth loses elasticity which leads to the appearance of deep frown lines and nasolabial folds. These lines are also known as laugh lines, smile lines, or marionette lines. They are caused by the movement of facial muscles over time, as well as environmental factors like sun damage and smoking.
Although these lines can be a sign of a happy life, many people want to get rid of them. Some may opt for surgery or Botox injections, but there are also natural ways to reduce the appearance of these lines. In this article, we will discuss some of the best home remedies and lifestyle changes to help you get rid of nasolabial folds and deep frown lines around your mouth.
- Egg Whites: Apply egg whites on the affected area, and let it dry. Rinse it off with cold water. Egg whites contain protein which helps to tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Olive Oil: Massage olive oil around your mouth daily. Olive oil is rich in vitamin E which helps to moisturize and nourish the skin.
- Pineapple: Apply pineapple juice on your face for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off. Pineapple contains bromelain which helps to exfoliate the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Green Tea: Apply green tea bags on the area around your mouth. Green tea is rich in antioxidants which help to heal and rejuvenate the skin.
- Lemon Juice: Apply lemon juice on the affected area and let it dry. Rinse it off with water. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C which helps to brighten and tighten the skin.
Facial exercises can be a great way to strengthen the muscles around your mouth and reduce the appearance of deep frown lines and nasolabial folds. Some facial exercises that you can try include:
- Smiling Fish Face: Suck your cheeks in and pout your lips like a fish.
- Blowing Air: Blow air into your cheeks and move it from one cheek to the other.
- The Kiss: Pucker your lips like you’re about to kiss someone and hold for 5-10 seconds.
- The Smile: Smile as wide as you can and hold for 10 seconds.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle can also help to reduce the appearance of deep frown lines and nasolabial folds. Here are some lifestyle changes that you can make:
- Eat a Healthy Diet: Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and lean protein can help to nourish your skin and keep it looking healthy and youthful.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can help to keep your skin hydrated and prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Avoid Smoking: Smoking can cause premature aging and lead to the formation of deep frown lines and nasolabial folds.
- Protect Your Skin: Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen and protective clothing to prevent sun damage that can lead to premature aging.
If home remedies and lifestyle changes are not sufficient, you may want to consider skin treatments to help reduce the appearance of deep frown lines and nasolabial folds. Some popular skin treatments include:
Retinoids are a type of vitamin A that can be used topically to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They work by increasing cellular turnover and stimulating collagen production. Some common retinoids include tretinoin, adapalene, and tazarotene.
Botox is a popular injectable treatment that can be used to temporarily reduce the appearance of deep frown lines and nasolabial folds. It works by relaxing the muscles in the face that cause these lines to form. Botox results typically last 3-6 months.
Dermal fillers can be used to add volume to the skin and fill in deep frown lines and nasolabial folds. Some common dermal fillers include hyaluronic acid, collagen, and calcium hydroxylapatite. Results from dermal fillers typically last 6-12 months.
What causes nasolabial folds and deep frown lines?
Nasolabial folds and deep frown lines are caused by a combination of factors, including the natural aging process, exposure to environmental toxins like sun damage and smoking, and repeated facial movements like smiling, frowning, and puckering your lips.
Can home remedies really help to reduce the appearance of nasolabial folds and deep frown lines?
Yes, home remedies like egg whites, olive oil, pineapple, and green tea can help to reduce the appearance of these lines by moisturizing, nourishing, and exfoliating the skin.
Is Botox a safe treatment for deep frown lines and nasolabial folds?
Botox is generally considered to be a safe and effective treatment for deep frown lines and nasolabial folds when administered by a qualified medical professional.
How long do the effects of Botox and dermal fillers last?
The effects of Botox typically last 3-6 months, while the effects of dermal fillers can last 6-12 months.
Deep frown lines and nasolabial folds are a natural part of the aging process, but there are ways to reduce their appearance. Home remedies like egg whites, olive oil, pineapple, and green tea can help to moisturize, nourish, and exfoliate the skin. Facial exercises can also help to strengthen the muscles around your mouth and reduce the appearance of these lines. Lifestyle changes like eating a healthy diet, staying hydrated, and avoiding smoking can prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. If home remedies and lifestyle changes are not sufficient, skin treatments like retinoids, Botox, and dermal fillers can be used to reduce the appearance of deep frown lines and nasolabial folds. It’s important to talk to a qualified medical professional before undergoing any skin treatments to ensure that they are right for you.