Get Rid of Upper Lip Hair Naturally
If you are tired of waxing or threading for removing upper lip hair, then it’s time to try some natural remedies. In this article, we will discuss the best ways to remove upper lip hair naturally. These remedies are safe, effective, and easily available at home. So let’s get started!
1. Turmeric and Milk
- Mix 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of milk to make a paste.
- Apply it on your upper lip and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Turmeric has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and milk has natural exfoliating properties. This remedy not only removes upper lip hair but also makes your skin soft and glowing.
2. Sugar and Lemon
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Heat the mixture on low flame until it turns sticky.
- Let it cool down and apply it on your upper lip.
- Place a cotton strip over it and pull it in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Sugar has a natural exfoliating property and lemon has a bleaching effect on hair. This remedy not only removes hair but also lightens the skin color of the upper lip area.
3. Egg White Mask
- Beat an egg white until it becomes frothy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of sugar to it.
- Mix it well and apply on your upper lip.
- Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and peel it off.
Egg white has a tightening effect on the skin and when mixed with cornstarch and sugar, it forms a sticky mask that removes upper lip hair. This remedy also makes your skin smooth and glowing.
4. Papaya and Raw Papaya
- Mash a ripe papaya and apply it on your upper lip.
- Let it stay for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off with water.
- For raw papaya, peel the skin of a raw papaya and grind it to make a paste.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of papaya paste with 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder and apply it on your upper lip.
- Let it stay for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with water.
Papaya contains an enzyme called papain which breaks down hair follicles and prevents their growth. This remedy not only removes upper lip hair but also makes your skin soft, smooth, and glowing.
5. Gram Flour and Yogurt
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour and 2 tablespoons of yogurt to make a paste.
- Apply it on your upper lip and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Rub it off gently with wet fingers in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Gram flour has a mild abrasive property and yogurt has a soothing effect on the skin. This remedy not only removes hair but also moisturizes the skin and reduces pigmentation.
6. Alum and Rosewater
- Wet an alum block with rosewater and rub it gently on your upper lip.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
Alum has astringent and antiseptic properties and rosewater has a soothing effect on the skin. This remedy not only removes hair but also tightens the skin and reduces the size of pores.
7. Potato and Lentil
- Peel and grate a potato.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of lentil in water overnight and grind it to make a paste.
- Mix the potato and lentil paste and apply it on your upper lip.
- Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and rub it off gently with wet fingers.
Potato has a bleaching effect on hair and lentil has a gentle exfoliating property. This remedy not only removes hair but also lightens the skin color and improves skin texture.
8. Lavender and Tea Tree Oil
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lavender oil and 4 drops of tea tree oil.
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it on your upper lip.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off with water.
Lavender oil has a soothing effect on the skin and tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. This remedy not only removes hair but also prevents acne and blemishes on the skin.
9. Spearmint Tea
Drinking spearmint tea regularly can reduce the growth of upper lip hair in women with hirsutism (excessive hair growth due to hormonal imbalance). The anti-androgen properties of spearmint tea can lower the level of male hormones which are responsible for hair growth in women. Consult your doctor before trying this remedy.
Threading is a traditional method of removing hair which involves using a twisted thread to pull out hair from the roots. It is quick, cheap, and efficient but it can be painful for some people. You can get threading done at a salon or do it yourself with practice.
Waxing is a common method of removing hair which involves applying hot or cold wax on the hair and pulling it off with a strip. It removes hair from the roots and gives a smooth skin but it can be painful and cause skin irritation. You can do waxing at home or in a salon.
Shaving is a quick and easy method of removing hair which involves using a razor to cut off hair from the surface of the skin. It is painless but it can cause stubble, ingrown hair, and darkening of the skin. Avoid using a dull blade and always use shaving cream or gel to prevent skin damage.
13. Hair Removal Cream
Hair removal cream is a chemical-based product which dissolves the hair at the skin level. It is easy to use, painless, and gives a smooth skin but it can cause skin irritation and allergies. Always do a patch test before using hair removal cream and follow the instructions carefully.
14. Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a popular method of removing hair which involves using a laser beam to destroy the hair follicles. It is a long-term solution for unwanted hair but it can be expensive, time-consuming, and requires multiple sessions. Laser hair removal should be done by a trained professional in a licensed facility.
Electrolysis is a permanent method of removing hair which involves inserting a needle-shaped electrode into the hair follicle and applying an electric current to destroy it. It is effective but it can be painful, time-consuming, and requires multiple sessions. Electrolysis should be done by a trained professional in a licensed facility.
16. Natural Tips for Prevention of Upper Lip Hair Growth
- Eat a balanced diet which is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Destress yourself by practicing yoga, meditation, or any other relaxation techniques.
- Exercise regularly to maintain hormonal balance.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins from your body.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals on your face such as bleaching agents or hair removing creams.
Q1. Is it safe to remove upper lip hair at home?
A1. Yes, it is safe to remove upper lip hair at home with natural remedies or hair removal methods such as threading or waxing. However, these methods should be done carefully and with proper hygiene to avoid infections or skin damage.
Q2. Will the hair grow back after using natural remedies?
A2. Yes, the hair will grow back after using natural remedies but with regular use, the growth will become slower and the hair will become finer. Natural remedies do not provide a long-term solution for unwanted hair.
Q3. Can I use hair removal cream or laser treatment for upper lip hair removal?
A3. Yes, you can use hair removal cream or laser treatment for upper lip hair removal but these methods have their own pros and cons. Hair removal cream can cause skin irritation or allergies and laser treatment can be expensive or time-consuming. Consult a dermatologist before using these methods.
Q4. Can hormonal imbalance cause upper lip hair growth?
A4. Yes, hormonal imbalance can cause upper lip hair growth in women. The male hormones called androgens can stimulate hair growth in unwanted areas of the body. Consult a doctor if you have excessive hair growth or other symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
|Turmeric and Milk||Safe, effective, and easily available||Takes time and needs regular use|
|Sugar and Lemon||Quick, cheap, and efficient||Painful, may cause skin irritation|
|Egg White Mask||Safe, effective, and makes skin smooth||Messy and needs practice|
|Papaya and Raw Papaya||Lightens skin color and makes skin soft||Needs regular use and may cause skin irritation|
|Gram Flour and Yogurt||Makes skin moisturized and reduces pigmentation||Needs practice and may cause dryness|
|Alum and Rosewater||Tightens skin and reduces pore size||May cause skin irritation or allergic reactions|
|Potato and Lentil||Lightens skin color and improves texture||Needs regular use and may cause dryness|
|Lavender and Tea Tree Oil||Prevents acne and blemishes on the skin||May cause skin irritation or allergies|
|Spearmint Tea||Reduces upper lip hair growth in women with hirsutism||Needs regular use and may interact with some medications|
|Threading||Quick, cheap, and efficient||Painful and needs practice|
|Waxing||Removes hair from the roots and gives a smooth skin||Painful, may cause skin irritation or ingrown hair|
|Shaving||Quick, easy, and painless||May cause stubble, ingrown hair, and darkening of the skin|
|Hair Removal Cream||Easy to use, painless, and gives a smooth skin||May cause skin irritation or allergies|
|Laser Hair Removal||Long-term solution for unwanted hair||Expensive, time-consuming, and requires multiple sessions|
|Electrolysis||Permanent method of removing hair||Painful, time-consuming, and requires multiple sessions|
Upper lip hair is a common problem faced by many women but it can be easily treated with natural remedies or hair removal methods. Natural remedies like turmeric and milk, sugar and lemon, egg white mask, papaya and raw papaya, gram flour and yogurt, alum and rosewater, potato and lentil, lavender and tea tree oil, and spearmint tea are safe, effective, and easily available at home. However, these remedies provide a temporary solution for unwanted hair and need regular use. Hair removal methods like threading, waxing, shaving, hair removal cream, laser hair removal, and electrolysis provide different pros and cons and require careful consideration before use. To prevent upper lip hair growth, maintain a balanced diet, practice relaxation techniques, exercise regularly, drink plenty of water, and avoid using harsh chemicals on your face. Consult a dermatologist if you have excessive hair growth or other symptoms of hormonal imbalance.